Reading Week Assignment: Bringing Roboppi Into the Third Dimension

The freedom allowed for this particular assignment was quite daunting for me at first. I could make whatever I want, so what should I do? Well, I decided to push myself and see if I can test out my 3D modelling skills that I have gained so far and try and create a model based off a character that I really enjoy. I've found myself really getting back into the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise lately and one character from Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS specifically couldn't leave my mind and served as a perfect fit for this project in particular. I'm talking about the adorable cleaning robot Roboppi! As soon as I saw this little guy I instantly knew I would love him. His simplistic form combined with the variety of shapes served as amazing practice for my current skillset in Rhino 7. Plus it's such an amazing feeling to see a character typically seen in 2D to bridge the gap into the 3rd dimension. I'm really proud of what I was able to create with this extra credit assignment.




HD Render of Roboppi Model


I decided to model a simple set of emotions for Roboppi based on some of the emotion he makes during the show. I think it really brings out Roboppi's personality and I had a lot of fun recreating this funny little robot.

I had a lot of fun experimenting with lots of tools that I haven't been able to use before, and I think I really pushed myself to make something that I'm really happy with. I hope to make more awesome projects like this in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Chess Set: Putting all the Pieces Together

PaperCraft Research: Hari and Deepti's Paper Lightboxes

Reversed Engineering: Deciding The Perfect Item To Take Apart