Reversed Engineering: Deciding The Perfect Item To Take Apart

Here's the beginning of my planning for the Reversed Engineering project. I'll be honest when I say that this was a very difficult process for me. I had very little items that I was comfortable in messing around and potentially taking apart. I felt a bit restricted being in dorms as I only have the necesssities with me, while imagining all the cool and interesting objects I have back at home in BC that would be perfect for this project. But alas, I must work with what I have available.

The first object that I thought would be cool to take apart and recreate was this power strip. I think recreating all the little grooves and holes in Rhino would be super fun, so this is the item that I'm currently leaning towards.



 The next item is this headlamp that I found. I thought it would be interesting to look at the inner workings of it, specifically how all those small parts fit together, but it's definitely not my first choice.


And finally I decided to take a look at my old computer mouse. While this is the only computer mouse I own currently, I thought it could be interesting to consider it as an option. I feel like it would be fun to try and remodel the rounder part of the mouse in Rhino, it feels like a nice challenge for me.


Out of the three objects I chose, I am definitely leaning the most towards the power strip. It's both simple in some areas, but will also challenge me in others, so I see it as the perfect fit for this project. I'm looking forward to going even further with this project and learning a lot more about manufacturing and product design along the way.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3D Chess Set: Putting all the Pieces Together

PaperCraft Research: Hari and Deepti's Paper Lightboxes