Surface Design Research and Final Product

Over the past two weeks I was tasked with researching and creating my own surface design using the 2D tools in Rhino such as layers and hatching.
 


From the research I gathered, I knew I wanted to go with a floral design, but I also wanted it to be a bit playful. I really liked the camo pattern I found on one of my jackets, so I took a lot of inspiration from that when it came to the background of my design. I wanted it to sort of represt either clouds or patches of water, but also represent the camo pattern in the core design. I really like both the floral and aquatic feel my design has, giving it a bit of a unique twist. I honestly could see it being a great pattern for a dress.

Here are all of the surface design inspiration images I found while doing research for this project:













Looking at all of my images, it's clear to me which ones inspired my final design the most, and I'm quite happy with the result!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Chess Set: Putting all the Pieces Together

PaperCraft Research: Hari and Deepti's Paper Lightboxes

Reversed Engineering: Deciding The Perfect Item To Take Apart