Reversed Engineering: Taking Apart The Object

 As a follow up to my previous post, I decided to choose the power strip as my object for this project. Unfortunately, I ran into a multitude of problems when beginning this project that made things a lot more difficult for me. My first issue arose when I bought a digital caliper off of amazon only it to break as soon as I opened it from the box. My luck only goes downhill from here. Next, I was having issues opening the power strip, as not a single screwdriver I could find could even open the thing. I eventually had to borrow both the caliper and a specialty screwdriver from my roommate, so shoutout to Becca, you are a literal lifesaver. I literally would have made zero progress on this project without her.


Moving on, I began to observe my object and start sketching. I wrote down a bunch of measurements and made a quick sketch of all the neccesary parts before finally moving into Rhino. I really tried to get a base down this week so that I had at least a little progress in the program, but unfortunately with all the unlucky obstacles I had to deal with this week, it cut into my time modelling in Rhino. So, I'm hoping to maybe make up some time this week and really get this project going.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Chess Set: Putting all the Pieces Together

PaperCraft Research: Hari and Deepti's Paper Lightboxes

Reversed Engineering: Deciding The Perfect Item To Take Apart